You want to help a homeless animal but you aren’t quite ready for another animal. Or maybe you can only commit for a shorter time period instead of an animal’s lifetime. We NEED you! Fostering is the perfect way to get your puppy/kitten/dog/cat fix without having to own one. Besides feeding, loving and caring for the animal(s) we also ask that you publicize(facebook/twitter/blogs/craigslist/etc) your foster animal (unless to young, sick or injured) so that they have a better chance of finding their forever homes. Prospective adopters of your animal still must fill out an application and be approved by the adoption committee.
*Being a Foster helps us to create space in the shelter to accommodate other homeless pets. Pets in the Foster Program provide companionship and purpose – your act of kindness is repaid in rewards that are beyond words.
Pets needing a temporary home and a Foster include:
- Injured pets that need time to recover and recuperate in a quiet, comfortable setting
- Nursing moms that need time to wean her puppies/kittens in the comforts of a home
- Pets that require more socialization than can be available at the shelter
- Neglected or abused pets that need tender loving care
- Any healthy, non aggressive pet that is brought into the shelter
- Orphaned babies that need to be bottle fed (fosters must have experience bottle feeding or be willing to learn)
*From the SA ACS site